Corporate law & Mergers and Acquisitions, Employment law, Contracts, Project financing
Boris Pupko has been an associate with Jus Aureum since November 2013 after joining from a leading Russian law firm. He has been practicing law since 2008, starting at international law firms. His current specialization includes international M&A business, transactions with the equity participation of foreign nationals and foreign legal entities, and legal support for foreign investment.
- Advising the Client and legal support in connection with the transaction related to the acquisition of the 100% stakes in the capitals of the tobacco manufacturer.
- Advising the Client and legal support in connection with the transaction related to disposal of the 100% holding company, controlling 50,33% mining and smelting manufacturer group of companies.
- Advising the Client in a transaction for disposal of shares in holding company of Dixy network.
- Advising the Client in a transaction for the disposal to Vernyi Group of Companies 37 stores.
- Advising the Client in connection with transaction related to restructuring of business of major distributors of printed goods in Russia and creation of joint venture SPV, being one of leaders within respective market.
- Advising general producer (Mrs. Svetlana Dolya) in respect of joint project of Malaya Bronnaya Theater (https://mbronnaya.ru/) and Brusnikin Workshop (https://masterbrus.com/) related to producing of theater show (https://mbronnaya.ru/performances/norma)inspired by debut poem of Vladimir Sorokin “The Norm”.
- Advising and legal support of a group holding company of one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS in a transaction on sale and purchase of shares in the holding company. The transaction was complicated by legal proceedings in LCIA. The amount of the mentioned transaction is around USD 100 mln.
- Advice to the Merсury group and legal support for an array of measures undertaken to prepare and implement a transaction to sell a 40% shareholding in Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, one of Russia's largest non-public ventures, to foreign investors (Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International):
Planning together with foreign legal advisers and performing actions in respect of the shares contribution to the charter capital of the Company;
Drafting documents and its coordination with the largest Russian banks in respect of coordination different conditions of the transaction;
Drafting together with foreign legal advisers different documents regarding the transaction.
- Client consultations and legal support in regard to improvements to the ownership structure of the group of companies belonging to a client, a major distributor of basic goods, in CIS countries (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tadzhikistan, and Belarus);
- Advice and legal support to a client in securing bank guarantees from big-name Russian banks;
- Advice to a major collection agency in Ukraine on issues involved in its entry into the Russian market; and
- Advice and legal support for transactions to ensure financing for a client's construction projects in the Moskva City business enclave, including, but not limited to, debt financing by major Russian banks;
Track record prior to joining Jus Aureum:
- Advising and representing clients (foreign companies) in projects to launch joint ventures in Russia and to enter into the Russian market;
- Project structuring and support for the organization of a management company for a private equity firm in the interest of investors;
- Transaction support for investors buying into a project company;
- Advice to a client and legal support for transactions to sell the refueling complex of a large regional airport (sales of participatory interests in LLC- and CJSC-type companies);
- Participation in corporate due diligence reviews (to identify possible risks in contracts and agreements, as well as in employment arrangements);
- Consultations to clients (foreign companies) on various aspects of employment law, including, but not limited to, regular employment compensation, as well as bonuses and reimbursements, staff cuts and downsizing, overtime, migration legislation, the execution and termination of contracts with general directors, employees' personal data protection, working schedules, and different types of vacations; and
- Drafting of employment contracts and agreements to terminate the same with various categories of employees, among them executives.
Mr. Pupko has authored a series of articles and commentaries in Korporativny Yurist (Corporate Lawyer journal), Trudovye Spori (Employment Disputes), Ekonomika i Zhizn (Economy and Life), Trudovoye Pravo (Employment Law), Vestnik GRP (State Registration Chamber Newsletter), Pravo.ru (Law.ru), and other professional periodicals and printed outlets.
Education & Bar Admission
Moscow State Academy of Law, 2007.
Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York, LL.M in comparative legal studies, 2008.
State Academy for Investment Specialists, Moscow, Russia - follow-up training under the "Corporate Law: Topical Issues and Court Practice" program, 2010.
He became a member of the Moscow City Bar in June 2015.
Mr. Pupko is fluent in English.