Corporate law & Mergers and Acquisitions, Restructuring, Investments
Mr. Kobzev specializes in matters of corporate and commercial law. For over 20 years during his professional career, Mr. Kobzev has advised leading Russian companies on matters relating to corporate law, business reorganization, mergers and acquisitions in various branches of industry, including oil and gas, transportation, metallurgy, defense, retail trade in consumer goods, and others.
Mr. Kobzev is one of the founders and has been the managing partner of Attorneys at Law "Jus Aureum" since 2005. At present he heads the Corporate Law/Mergers and Acquisitions practice. He has been working in his legal specialization since 1993. From 1996 through 2005 he was a partner of Attorneys at Law "Reznik, Gagarin & Partners".
- Advising the Client and legal support in connection with the transaction related to the disposal of the 100% stake in the capitals of LLC "Victoria Baltia".
- Advising the Client and legal support in connection with the transaction related to the acquisition of the 100% stakes in the capitals of the tobacco manufacturer.
- Advising and legal support of a group holding company of one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS in a transaction on sale and purchase of shares in the holding company. The transaction was complicated by legal proceedings in LCIA. The amount of the mentioned transaction is around USD 100 mln.
- Advising the Mercury group of companies and providing legal support for a set of measures related to preparation and in the course of implementing a transaction to sell 40% of shares in one of the largest Russian nonpublic companies, Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, in favor of the foreign investors Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International.
- Representing the interests of the main participant in the most important Russian transportation and logistics operator Delovye Linii in settling a corporate conflict and consolidating participatory interests in the group, as well as counteractions against illegal takeover of the business
- Consulting and legal support during a transaction to sell shares in an oil company, which held an almost 25% interest in a major petroleum company listed in the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) at the London Stock Exchange, to a large oil company in Russia.
- Advising a Russian company engaged in retail trade in consumer goods during the acquisition of a controlling package of shares in one of the largest federal operators on the retail market in Russia, including carrying out due diligence.
- Advising on matters relating to structuring and implementation of a transaction to acquire more than 90% of the shares in one of the leading machine building enterprises in the country in the defense sector, OJSC “V.A.Degtyarev Plant”, as well as legal support for subsequent restructuring and reorganization of that enterprise.
- Structuring and implementation of a client's alienation to an enterprise affiliated with GK Rostekhnologiya of a blocking shareholding in OJSC “V.A.Degtyarev Plant”.
- Advising a Russian company and legal support of a transaction to acquire a TV channel which broadcasts in Russia and abroad, and is one of the leading TV channels in the fashion field.
- Advising on matters relating to the implementation of a transaction regarding the group of companies Novoangarsky dressing plant, Gorevsky GOK Group of companies (Gorevsky Mining Processing Plant), whose main activity is the extraction and processing of lead-zinc ore, as well as the creation of mining and metallurgical production facilities.
- Defending the interests of the Mercury group of companies in a dispute for return of more than US$ 13 million appropriated by the company Featherwood Trading, registered in the British Virgin Islands, and belonging to Mr. Yeganyan. The High Court of the British Virgin Islands granted the group's claim, and recovered from Featherwood Trading the illegally withheld money, interest and expenses. The money on the respondent's account was seized by the High Court of the British Virgin Islands for the time of the court proceedings as a measure to secure the stated claims.
- Legal support for the project of CJSC Mercury City Tower for construction of a multifunctional building (Class A Premium offices, luxury class apartments, stores, restaurants, cafés, bars, spa and fitness center, parking lot).
- Structuring and legal support for a set of transactions for the acquisition by a client at OJSC Sidanko of oil refining, petrochemical and distribution enterprises located in the Eastern Siberian and Far Eastern regions of Russia.
Education & Bar Admission
Mr. Kobzev graduated from the Moscow State Law Academy (at present known as the Moscow State University of Law by the name O.E. Kutafin (MSLA)) in 1993. In 1996 he was admitted to the Moscow Chamber of Advocates, and since 2005 he has been a member of the Moscow City Bar.
Mr. Kobzev is fluent in English.