Corporate law & Mergers and Acquisitions, Restructuring, Investment, Dispute Resolution, Private Clients, Labor Law
Mr. Bronetskiy has been with Attorneys at Law “Jus Aureum” since 2008 and became a partner in May 2015. Before joining it, he worked as a senior lawyer at one of the oldest and most authoritative Russian law firms.
Sergey has been practicing law for more than 10 years and specializes in mergers & acquisitions, in establishing commercial and non-commercial organizations in various legal forms; reorganisation and liquidation of Russian companies; and advising on acquisitions of shares, participatory interests and assets of Russian companies.
- Advising the Mercury group of companies and providing legal support for a set of measures related to preparation and in the course of implementing a transaction to sell 40% of shares in one of the largest Russian nonpublic companies, Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, in favor of the foreign investors Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International. Specifically, in cooperation with foreign consultants prepared documents for the transaction; planned and provided legal support to prepare the company being sold for the underlying transaction; provided legal support to complete the underlying transaction;Work under this project specifically included the following: preparation of transaction documents in cooperation with foreign consultants; planning and legal support to complete the transaction; preparation, together with foreign consultants, of procedural documents during litigations with the shareholders of the company being sold.
- Consulting and legal support during a transaction to sell shares in an oil company, which held an almost 25% interest in a major petroleum company listed in the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) at the London Stock Exchange, to a large oil company in Russia.
- Advising and providing legal support for a transaction for DIXY Group to acquire 100% of shares in OJSC Victoria Group of Companies – one of the leading Russian companies engaged in retail trade in food products and consumer goods.
- Consulting and legal support of a Russian company in a transaction to buy World Fashion Channel, which broadcasts nationally and internationally.
- Protection of Mercury Group’s interests in a dispute over the recovery of $13 million misappropriated by Featherwood Trading Ltd. registered in British Virgin Islands and owned by Mr. Yeganyan. The High Court of British Virgin Islands upheld the Group’s claim and ordered Featherwood Trading Ltd. to return the illegally held funds, interest and expenses incurred. The High Court blocked the money in Featherwood Trading Ltd’s account for the duration of the arbitration as an interim measure of protection.
- Consulting of a foreign investor on possible investments in one of the leading hotel booking services in Russia, including due diligence.
- Consulting and legal support of a Russian investor who sought to acquire a federal airport in Russia. Legal assistance specifically included comprehensive planning and support during the acquisition of the airport, preparation of documents for purchasing shares in its holding company.
- Consulting and legal support of a Russian investor during the acquisition of the business from a renowned bottled water brand holder.
Education & Bar Admission
Mr. Bronetskiy has been a member of the Moscow City Bar since 2009.
In September 2007, he received the Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from Durham University, Great Britain.
October 2002 through September 2005, he was a postgraduate student at the Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy.
June 2002, he graduated from the Russian State Social University cum laude, majoring in jurisprudence.
Mr. Bronetskiy is fluent in English.