Corporate law & Mergers and Acquisitions, Antitrust Regulation
Mr. Rud is one of the founders of Attorneys at Law "Jus Aureum" and its senior partner since 2005; he currently heads the Antitrust Regulation practice area. He has been practicing law since 1993 and was a partner at Attorneys at law "Reznik, Gagarin and Partners" in 1996-2005.
Mr. Rud specializes in Russian corporate, antimonopoly and securities law. He has wide experience in structuring foreign investments in the Russian Federation; developing finance schemes for Russian companies including through debt capitalization; establishing commercial and non-commercial organizations in various legal forms; reorganisation and liquidation of Russian companies; protecting shareholders’ rights; conducting due diligence; and advising on acquisitions of shares, participatory interests and assets of Russian companies.
- Consulting of Merсury Group, legal support during a transaction to sell 40% of a major privately-held Russian company, Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, to foreign investors - Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International. The transaction value was estimated at about $1.5 billion;
- Consulting of Russia’s biggest tobacco distributor, Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, on the acquisition of competing businesses, including on their incorporation into an entity within MEGAPOLIS Group;
- Consulting on how to structure and carry out the acquisition of more than 90% of shares in one of Russia’s leading defense enterprises, OJSC V.A. Degtyarev Plant, and legal support for its subsequent restructuring and reorganization;
- Structuring and implementation of a client’s transaction to transfer blocking stake in one of Russia’s leading defense enterprises, OJSC V.A. Degtyarev Plant, to a Rostec company, including subsequent drafting, coordination with Rostec, and legal support when concluding a shareholders’ agreement on concerted actions to manage and operate OJSC V.A. Degtyarev Plant.
- Consulting during a transaction to acquire control of companies belonging to the Novoangarsky Dressing Plant and Gorevsky GOK, which specialize in producing and processing lead and zinc ore, and to create mining and smelting enterprises;
- Legal support to a client who needed to obtain the Federal Antimonopoly Service’s permission for acquiring control of the Viсtoria Group of Companies, one of the leading food retailers in Russia;
- Structuring and legal support of a series of transactions to acquire Sidanco’s refining, petrochemical and marketing enterprises in Eastern Siberia and the Far East;
- Restructuring of assets acquired by a client, including termination of bankruptcy proceedings against several enterprises, in order to create a holding entity attractive to investors;
- Structuring and legal support of a series of transactions to sell enterprises and assets in a holding entity to the Yukos Oil Company, BP and NTC (overall value of the transactions was estimated at about $300 million).
Education & Bar Admission
Mr. Rud graduated from the Moscow State Law Academy (at present known as the Moscow State University of Law by the name O.E. Kutafin (MSLA)) in 1993. In 1996 he was admitted to the Moscow Chamber of Advocates, and since 2005 he has been a member of the Moscow City Bar.