Corporate law & Mergers and Acquisitions, Commercial law, Investments, Project finance
Maksim Andronov has been with the firm since 2006.
Maksim Andronov’s practice concentrates on M&A and contractual issues. He has a particular expertise in structuring and implementing cross-border transactions. Maksim is involved in corporate and commercial work, including private equity transactions, share capital and corporate restructurings, joint venture transactions and project finance. Maksim has an experience in advising clients from various industries: oil and gas, retail, FMCG, media, transportation.
- Advising Dixy Group of Companies in a transaction for acquisition from the Seventh Continent retail network of 12 real property assets in Kaliningrad. A total area of these assets is about 30 000 sq. m. Web-link.
- Advising of Megapolis Holdings (Overseas) Limited in a transaction for disposal of shares in holding company of Bristol network. The amount of transaction is around RUB 1,78 bln.
- Advising and legal support of a group holding company of one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS in a transaction on sale and purchase of shares in the holding company. The transaction was complicated by legal proceedings in LCIA. The amount of the mentioned transaction is around USD 100 mln.
- Advising the Mercury group of companies and providing legal support for a set of measures related to preparation and in the course of implementing a transaction to sell 40% of shares in one of the largest Russian nonpublic companies, Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, in favor of the foreign investors Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International.
- Representing the interests of major shareholder of group of companies “Delovye Linii”, one of the leading transportation and logistic operator in the territory of the Russian Federation, in settling a corporate conflict and consolidating shares in the group, as well as counteractions against illegal takeover of the business
- Advising a major debt collection agency in Ukraine on its possible entry to the Russian market.
- Client advisory and comprehensive legal support to a group of companies, one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Belarus), on restructuring and optimization of its shareholding and corporate structure.
- Client advisory and comprehensive legal support to one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS during the acquisition of control over FMCG distributors in the CIS (Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Belarus), and increasing its share in respective CIS markets.
- Advising one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS in making and entering into long-term distribution agreements with major international FMCG manufacturers (for selling these goods in Ukraine and Kazakhstan).
- Client advisory and legal support to one of the leading FMCG distributors in the CIS during the preparation of its group of companies for an IPO on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advising and providing legal support for a transaction for DIXY Group to acquire 100% of shares in OJSC “Group of Companies “Victoria” – one of the leading Russian companies engaged in retail trade in food products and consumer goods.
- Consulting and legal support during a transaction to sell shares in an oil company, which held an almost 25% interest in a major petroleum company listed in the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) at the London Stock Exchange, to a large oil company in Russia.
- Advising the client and providing legal support for a set of transactions to ensure financing of the client's companies that are shareholders in Sibir Energy plc, a major oil company which was quoted on the alternative investment market of the London Stock Exchange, for purposes of refinancing the shareholders' debt of that company to one of the leading world banks.
- Client advisory and legal support on the purchase of a leading oil company listed on the Alternative Investment Market on the London Stock Exchange.
- Client advisory and legal support for the client’s construction projects at Moscow City International Business Center, including debt financing by leading Russian banks.
- Advisory and representation of a World Fashion Channel group company which contested non-regulatory directives of a territorial body of the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service, which claimed the company had violated the Russian Federal Law On Advertising (purportedly committed by broadcasting commercials for alcohol).
- Consulting and legal support of a Russian company in a transaction to buy World Fashion Channel, which broadcasts nationally and internationally.
Education and Bar Admission
Maksim Andronov graduated from the Lomonosov Moscow State University cum laude in 2007. He has been a member of the Moscow Сity Bar since 2011.
Maksim Andronov is fluent in English.