Tax Law, Contract Law, Commercial Law, Real Estate and Construction, Restructuring and Financial Rehabilitation
He has worked as an associate with Jus Aureum since September 2013. Before joining, he worked as an associate for Goltsblat BLP LLP from 2008, and also at Deloitte & Touche. Since April 2015, he has been a member of the Moscow City Bar.
Dmitry specializes in matters pertaining to contract work, issues of real estate and construction, and commercial law. He possesses experience in structuring and implementing cross-border transactions, as well as in performing comprehensive legal auditing of Russian and foreign companies. Dmitry has experience in rendering services to clients in the following sectors: external trade (export / import), transportation and logistics, the pharmaceutical industry, FMCG, and natural resources and the energy sector.
RECENT highlights INCLUDES:
- Providing consultation to a major shipper of oversized, heavy and project cargoes predominantly in the oil, gas and energy sectors on matters of labor legislation, including on an issue pertaining to the establishment of a motivational system (form and individual aspects of award criteria) for determining the category of workers;
- Representing the interests of the principle participant in GK Delovye Linii, the leading Russian transport and logistics operator, in sampling a corporate conflict and consolidating the shares of the group, as well as counteractions against illegal takeover of the business
- Coordination and implementation of due diligence of Russian companies, as well as structuring of a transaction in the context of a sale of a local enterprise for production of BAA to a major international holding company;
- Consulting on labor matters, including on migration-related issues, protection of personal data, including the chain of command, and observance of the standards of labor, corporate and tax law;
- Legal support for a project to construct a multi-function business park for one of the most important distributors of alcohol and tobacco products (warehouses, office premises, logistics complex, parking lot, etc.);
- Performance of due diligence before acquiring rights to the logistics business park in Moscow Region of one of the leading transport and logistics companies;
- Advising a foreign investor on matters pertaining to organization and management of construction, project and installation works at an elite real estate site situated in the Central Administrative District of Moscow;
- Performing due diligence on one of the major gold deposit fields located in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) and legal support for transactions associated with acquisition of assets from that deposit field.
Education & Bar Admission
Dmitry Ovsyannikov graduated from the law faculty of the Federal State Budgeted Educational Institution of Higher Education “Russian Foreign Trade Academy of the Ministry for the Economic Development of the Russian Federation” in 2009.
He finished his graduate studies at the law faculty of Federal State Budgeted Educational Institution of Higher Education “Russian Foreign Trade Academy of the Ministry for the Economic Development of the Russian Federation”. He defended his dissertation submitted for the degree of Candidate of Legal Science in 2012.
He attained the status of attorney at law in April 2015.
Dmitry Ovsyannikov is fluent in English.