Tax Law, International Taxation, Commercial Law, Dispute Resolution, Private Clients
Ms. Ambrasovskaya has been an attorney at law with “Jus Aureum” since 2014. She began her legal career in 1998 and is a member of the Moscow City Bar.
- Representation of the client's interests in a tax dispute over thin capitalization issues;
- Preparation of statements assessing tax accounting in clients’ companies, with proposals on how to deal with exposed tax risks and overpaid amounts, and build effective tax models;
- Analysis and optimization of tax implications for a client who owns property, receives an income and does business in two or more jurisdictions, taking into account the latest changes in Russian and international tax legislation;
- Tax planning and optimization of client's tax liabilities when buying and selling assets in Russia or other jurisdictions, and carrying out corporate restructuring programs.
Tax consulting and legal assistance before joining Jus Aureum includes:
- Tax structuring of investment projects in construction, food industry, and trade;
- Tax planning when launching and reorganizing a business within a group of companies;
- Tax planning for foreign and Russian clients who carry out M&A transactions or borrow abroad or within their groups of companies;
- Analysis of previous tax periods in order to verify the correctness of tax payments and expose possible tax risks;
- Legal support and representation of the client's interests during field and cameral tax inspections, preparation of objections to tax audit reports, participation in review the of tax audit reports, preparation of complaints and appellate complaints, support during tax disputes;
- International tax planning for private individuals and corporate clients.
Education, Memberships and Bar Admission
Ms. Ambrasovskaya graduated cum laude from the Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (majoring in law) in 2001, and from the Russian Government’s Financial University (majoring in taxes and taxation) in 2004, receiving a diploma with distinction; she also completed a course of studies at Leiden University (Netherlands) in 2013 (International Tax Center, Advanced LLM in International Tax Law). Ms. Ambrasovskaya has been a member of the Moscow City Bar since 2002. She joined STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, an international professional body for those who work in the trust industry and the field of estate administration) in 2014.
Ms. Ambrasovskaya is fluent in English and speaks Dutch, French and German.