Tax law, Corporate law & Mergers and Acquisitions, Dispute resolution, Real estate, Private clients
Until 2005 Ms. Vladimirova worked as a lawyer for one of the companies belonging to the state JSC Concern VKO “Almaz-Antey”. In 2006 she started working at the Attorneys at law “Jus Aureum” as a senior lawyer and became a partner in 2011.
Ms. Vladimirova heads Tax practice and primarily focuses on tax litigation. She also advises on various aspects of taxation, including drafting internal policies to prevent tax risks. She also specializes in Russian corporate law and M&A, reorganisation of Russian companies and has also successfully worked on many wide-ranging projects, including: company formations, commercial contracts, legal audits and due diligence reports.
Corporate law / mergers and acquisitions
- Representing the interests of the main participant in the most important Russian transportation and logistics operator Delovye Linii in settling a corporate conflict and consolidating participatory interests in the group, as well as counteractions against illegal takeover of the business
- Advising the Mercury group of companies and providing legal support for a set of measures related to preparation and in the course of implementing a transaction to sell 40% of shares in one of the largest Russian nonpublic companies, CJSC Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, in favor of the foreign investors Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International;
- Representing the interests and supporting a transaction for acquisition of OJSC DIXY Group – one of the leading public Russian companies in retail of food products, whose shares have been placed on the Moscow Stock Exchange, including subsequent restructuring and legal support of the company in antimonopoly matters;
- Advising and providing legal support for a transaction for OJSC DIXY Group to acquire 100% of shares in OJSC Victoria Group of Companies – one of the leading Russian companies engaged in retail trade in food products and consumer goods.
- Consulting and legal support of a Russian investor who sought to acquire a federal airport in Russia. Legal assistance specifically included comprehensive planning and support during the acquisition of the airport, preparation of documents for purchasing shares in its holding company.
- Advising and representing the interests of the main participant in the group of transportation and shipping companies Delovye Linii in settling a corporate conflict and consolidating participatory interests in the group, as well as counteractions against illegal takeover of the business
- Defending the interests of a range of companies belonging to the Megapolis group, the largest tobacco distributor in Russia, in tax disputes on a taxpayer's right to return of overpayment on tax which arose as a result of the actions of its tax agent. Upon the results of considering the case, the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation defined its position, by which it introduced into Russian law enforcement practice the possibility of a taxpayer to select the means for restoring its infringed right: to submit the appropriate declaration for return of access paid tax to the tax authorities, or submit a demand to the tax agent or debtor in civil-law obligation for payment of what was not done under that obligation;
- Consulting and representing the interests of the group of transportation and shipping companies Delovye Linii at arbitrazh courts in 22 interrelated corporate disputes. The conflict was brought to a close by a settlement on the client's conditions;
- Representing the interests of the automobile transport company OJSC SovInterAutoServis in a number of public law disputes with the Federal Agency for Management of State Property and other offices relating to removing a large land plot from the state cadastral register which belonged to the company by right of ownership, as well as recognizing the ownership right of the RF to that land plot. As a result of consideration of the cases, the claims brought by the state executive bodies against the company were refused in full by the courts;
- Representing the interests of the American company Globalstar Inc., operator of the global communications satellite system GLOBALSTAR, in a case concerning premature termination of legal protection for the trademark "Globalstar" inside Russia. Consideration of the case led to the right to the trademark being maintained for the company. Later, the Office was involved in establishing the rights of the company Globalstar Inc. to use the rebranded trademark "Globalstar" inside Russia;
- Representing the interests of the Mercury group of companies at the High Court of the British Virgin Islands (BVI) in a case for return of more than US$ 13 million illegally appropriated by the company Featherwood Trading, and belonging to the previous principal owner and chairman of the board of directors of the Moscow Wine and Cognac Plant KiN, Mr. A.G. Yeganyan. The court granted the claim in full, and recovered from Featherwood Trading an amount paid for an empty transaction for purchase of shares in a factory, interest and expenses. The money on the respondent's account was seized by the High Court of the British Virgin Islands for the time of the court proceedings as a measure to secure the stated claims.
- Defending the interests of a range of companies belonging to the Megapolis group, the largest tobacco distributor in Russia, in tax disputes on a taxpayer's right to return of overpayment on tax which arose as a result of the actions of its tax agent. As a result of the representation of the interests of the companies by lawyers from the Office, the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation formulated a new law enforcement practice for lower-ranking courts, under which a taxpayer to select the means for restoring its infringed right: to submit the appropriate declaration for return of access paid tax to the tax authorities, or submit a demand to the tax agent or debtor in a civil-law obligation;
- Representing the interests of OJSC Orlovsky Kristall in arbitrazh court in disputes with the tax authorities, including the contestation of non-normative acts, as well as in a dispute for recovery of losses caused by unlawful actions of the tax authorities, with stated claims amounting to US$5 million;
- Representing the interests of the most important distributor of tobacco products, CJSC Trade Company MEGAPOLIS, in arbitrazh courts in the cities of Rostov-na-Donu and Krasnodar in disputes with the tax authorities, including the contestation of non-normative acts, with claims amounting to US$1 million.
- Legal support for the project of CJSC Mercury City Tower for construction of a multifunctional building (Class A Premium offices, luxury class apartments, stores, restaurants, cafés, bars, spa and fitness center, parking lot).
- Consulting on matters related to family and inheritance law, including inheritance of business, joint property of spouses, and management of business if the owner withdraws from affairs for various reasons;
- Property planning and administration (real estate, yachts, airplanes, et al.), management of personal assets using various structures, risk management, running a family business;
- Consultation on matters relating to regulation of labor relations, including those involving foreign employees;
- Consultation on migration relations, as well as on matters arising during international relocation of personnel, including the chain of management, and observance of the norms of labor, corporate and tax law.
Education & Bar Admission
Ms. Vladimirova graduated cum laude from Mari State University in 1999. In 2009 she became a member of the Moscow City Bar. In the same year she became a member of the Chamber of Tax Consultants of Russia.