Antitrust regulation, Public-private partnerships, Compliance
Sergey Zagraevsky has accumulated a great deal of legal expertise in the field of competition and antimonopoly regulation and been successfully advising clients on dealings with their commercial partners and government agencies and on compliance with industry-specific legislative requirements.
He has represented Russian and foreign companies before the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service and its regional branches, as well as before courts, since 2009 in disputes over alleged abuses of dominant market positions, anticompetitive agreements (in particular, cartels), and unfair competition charges and during scheduled and unscheduled checks by antimonopoly authorities. Sergey has gained appreciable experience in regard to legislation and regulations on advertising, the power sector, and trade, including procurement operations.
He is a member of the Non-Profit Partnership for Competition Support, which unites leading experts on Russian antimonopoly legislation. Before joining Jus Aureum recently, Sergey Zagraevsky headed an antimonopoly practice at a prominent Russian law firm.
- Representation of an energy company at an antimonopoly authority in a case over charges of dominance abuses on the heat supply market. Participation in an ad hoc group for dealing with the problems having led to the company's problems with the antimonopoly authority.
- Representation of a communications operator before an antimonopoly authority in a case over alleged breaches of antimonopoly legislation and administrative infractions on the mobile Internet access service market.
- Representation of clients before an antimonopoly authority in cases related to the conclusion of purported anticompetitive agreements on the railway cars market.
- Representation of an infrastructure company during an antimonopoly authority's unscheduled check on its compliance with antimonopoly legislation.
- Advice to a diversified international corporation on relations with commercial partners. Commercial policy charting for business undertakings in Russia.
- Consultancy services to an international automobile concern on the observance of antimonopoly legislation requirements during the selection of dealers. Dealer screening policy development for Russian operations.
- Advice to an international pharmaceuticals company on the circulation of medical drugs and compliance with legislative restrictions concerning advertising.
- Advice to a federal retail chain on the application of legislation on state regulation for trade.
- Comprehensive auditing of an international cement maker to check its compliance with antimonopoly legislation.
National Research University - Higher School of Economics, law department, 2009.
A series of articles and commentaries in Konkurentsia I Pravo [Competition and Law], Rossiyskoye Pravo I Ekonomika [Russian Law and Economy], Vedomosti [national economic daily], Pravo.ru, Internationallawoffice, etc.
Sergey is fluent in English and French.